The County Executive in Prince George’s County, Maryland seeks an outstanding educational leader to serve as Chief Executive Officer beginning on July 1, 2023.
Located just minutes away from Washington, D.C., Prince George’s County offers easy access to the nation’s political, cultural and entertainment center. The vibrant Washington corridor boasts historical sites and museums, top universities and colleges, and a high quality of living.
Prince George’s County Public Schools (PGCPS), one of the nation’s 20th largest school districts, has 198 schools and centers, more than 131,000 students and nearly 20,000 employees. The school system serves a diverse student population from urban, suburban and rural communities located in the Washington, DC suburbs. PGCPS is nationally recognized for college and career-readiness programs that provide students with unique learning opportunities, including dual enrollment and language immersion.
The mission of the District is to provide a transformative educational experience anchored by excellence in equity – developing 21st century competencies and enabling each student’s unique brilliance to flourish in order to build empowered communities and a more inclusive and just world. The vision is to build a culturally responsive district developing distinguished learners, leaders, voices of social justice, and advocates for humanity for the world of today, tomorrow, and beyond. The core values are:
- That students are the priority and all students can achieve at high academic levels
- Families, students and educators share the responsibility for student success
- High expectations inspire high performance
- All staff share the responsibility for a safe and supportive school environment contributing to excellence in education
- The support of everyone in our community is essential to the success of our schools and students, and this success enriches our community
- Continuous improvement in teaching, leadership and accountability is the key to our destiny
The County Executive is looking for an innovative educator who will lead the effective, student-centered organization. Specific desired leadership characteristics and qualifications are expected to be available and posted on or around March 27, 2023. Candidates must possess appropriate certification or be immediately eligible to obtain the same. A multi-year contract will be offered with a salary in the range of $310,000 per annum subject to negotiation based on qualifications and experience. MD residency will be required within 180 days of hire. All interested candidates should apply through the link on this website. Applications will be received through April 30, 2023.
How to apply for this job?
- Register for an account on the HYA website. Or, login to the HYA website if you already have an account created. Click the Login/Register button at the top of the page to get started.
- After logging in, click the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
- You will be redirected to the Frontline Education website. This website is where you will submit your application. This website also will require its own unique login and password.