The South Orange and Maplewood School District seeks strong, dynamic and energetic education leaders with experience in administration to serve in the following positions:
1) Director of Access & Equity, starting no later than January 1, 2023
-The position reports to the Assistant Superintendent of Access & Equity with primary responsibilities for directing and monitoring Pre K-12 Access and Equity efforts
2) Director of Curriculum, K-12 starting no later than January 1, 2023
-The position reports to the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction with primary responsibilities for coordinating the articulation of curriculum and instructional services among all schools.
The South Orange and Maplewood School District, located in Central New Jersey, serves more than 7200 students, including on early-childhood center, six elementary schools, two middle schools, and one high school. The community and its schools are racially and economically diverse, with more than 90 percent of Columbia High School graduates planning to attend college each year.
The mission of the South Orange Maplewood School District is to empower and inspire each student to explore and imagine, to pursue personal passions, and to collectively create a better future by creating a learner-centered environment through multiple pathways; re-imagined structures, systems and supports; innovative teaching; partnering with families and maximizing community expertise and resources.
The District is seeking strong individuals who are forward thinking educators, effective communicators, appreciate and respect diversity, with a proven track record of educational successes. The ability to perform at a high level with compassion for individuals will be essential to the success of the next Director of Access & Equity and Director of Curriculum and Instruction of the South Orange and Maplewood School District. Applicants interested in the position should visit the HYA website to view a more detailed job description and complete an application through Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates (HYA). The salary will be competitive with other top districts in the region. Interviews will begin in November.
How to apply for this job?
- Register for an account on the HYA website. Or, login to the HYA website if you already have an account created. Click the Login/Register button at the top of the page to get started.
- After logging in, click the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
- You will be redirected to the Frontline Education website. This website is where you will submit your application. This website also will require its own unique login and password.