Seeking to fill the position as soon as possible. Conducting a rolling application process.
- Reports to the President
- Compensation is regionally competitive, $90,000-$115,000 based on experience and education
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Graduate Studies Reimbursement and Partnership with Dominican University for Reduced Tuition
- Children of Employees Receive Fenwick High School Full Tuition Waivers
- Vacation, Sick, Personal, Flex Day
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in human resources management or related field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a human resources generalist
- Solid In-depth knowledge of HR principles, procedures, standards, practices as well as all state and Federal laws as It relates to all laws including but not limited to ACA and EEO, CMS, COBRA, FMLA and Workers Compensation.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite, Human Resource and Payroll applications and Employment recruiting websites.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Responsible for directing all Human Resources functions including recruitment, compensation, health benefits, retirement plans, organizational development, HR systems and performance management.
- Develop and interpret organizational policies and procedures for faculty and staff. Ensure policies are enforced in a fair and consistent manner. Evaluate and revise policies when necessary.
- Work with Fenwick’s health insurance broker to develop Fenwick’s group health plan. Analyze premium rates and coverage at renewal time. Make recommendations to the Administration as it relates to renewal rates and plan provisions. Ensure benefits are competitive. Responsible for the Open Enrollment process. Reconcile all health Insurance bills on a monthly basis.
- Review and evaluate potential candidates through the new hire process and provide input to the hiring manager. Responsible for posting Job ads, recruiting, reference checking. Handle all verbal and written offers of employment for staff and administration.
- Responsible for managing faculty and staff training and professional development programs.
- Comply with all government reporting requirements.
- Notify faculty, staff, coaches, substitutes and volunteers of the compliance requirements from the Archdiocese of Chicago as it relates to the Protecting God’s Children program. Track and follow-up with Individual’s compliance in the Virtus database. Prepare the Archdiocese’s annual report by ensuring every person affiliated with the School is in full compliance.
- Complete the Fall School Survey from the Archdiocese of Chicago and forward to Assistant Principal for submission.
- Ensure compliance with ISBE’s Faith’s Law for all new hires effective July 1, 2023.
- Provide counsel and guidance to employees concerning any human resources issues (I.e., attendance, employee morale, performance evaluation process , substance abuse problems, departmental conflict, etc.).
- Handle Workers Compensation, Unemployment and Accident claims .
How to apply for this job?
- Register for an account on the HYA website. Or, login to the HYA website if you already have an account created. Click the Login/Register button at the top of the page to get started.
- After logging in, click the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
- You will be redirected to the Frontline Education website. This website is where you will submit your application. This website also will require its own unique login and password.