The Association of California School Administrators (ACSA) is seeking an exceptional Executive Director who is an authentic, transparent, courageous, forward-thinking, charismatic leader with a strong moral compass. The Executive Director should possess a breadth and depth of recent California educational and political experiences in different settings with proven leadership skills, a clear vision for the organization, the ability to continue mobilizing the membership as a vital force in California. ACSA, with 50 years of history, is the largest umbrella organization serving more than 17,000 California administrators. Known for its advocacy of equity, inclusion, and diversity with a student-focus, ACSA supports and inspires educational leaders who meet the diverse educational needs of California students and schools and has become a strong and dynamic voice for its leaders. The Executive Director serves as the face of the organization, guides California educators in transforming schools, supports and advocates for school districts as they address a myriad of issues, and successfully partners with other organizations to achieve mutually desired goals. The Executive Director will lead with enthusiasm, empathy, innovative thought, and practices, and serve as the great communicator of a premier organization.
Major responsibilities will include the following:
• Serves as chief executive officer, recommends and participates in the formulation of new policies, and make decisions based upon existing policies as approved by the Board of Directors;
• Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates the staff, programs, and activities of the association to assure that the mission and annual goals are attained and member needs met;
• Maintains effective internal and external relationships;
• Values, supports, retains, and attracts highly qualified staff; and,
• Achieves economical and productive performance; forward-looking programming; and constructive growth of the association through effective management and leadership.
For additional information, contact
Jim Negri at email@example.com or 650.996.9173
Carmella Franco at firstname.lastname@example.org or 562.244.3881