The School District of Tomorrow River seeks a superintendent to begin July 2023. The Amherst, Wisconsin district serves approximately 1100 students in grades 4K-12 with one elementary, one middle, one high school and a community charter school. Tomorrow River prides itself as a quality, student-centered school district with personalized service to students and families. Strategic goals focus on high quality staff, academics and learning, college and career readiness, social/emotional supportive environments, and community relationships. Tomorrow River welcomes students as part of their extended family!
District pride is demonstrated by the following highlights:
- AP pass rates above the state and global average
- 2022 ACT scores above the state average in every subject
- District Report Cards Meet and Exceed Expectations
- Various Dual Credit offerings for students
- Over 400 students Open Enrolled into the District
- Strong partnership with community mental health providers
- Strong partnerships with local businesses/leaders
- Strong co-curricular programs
- Many activities and clubs for students
The community recently passed a 26-million-dollar referendum, which includes a new 38,000 square foot, two-story STEAM addition, office and secure entry addition, and middle school, food science and library remodeling. Design planning is in progress with construction to begin as early as March 2023 and completed by September of 2024.
The district spans approximately 100 square miles in Portage County. Amherst offers a small-town atmosphere with big city possibilities and the commitment to nurturing the arts and the outdoors. Located in central Wisconsin, the community is east of Stevens Point and west of the Fox Valley. A strong rural heritage is the backbone of the community and is a continued source of pride. Additionally, the location along beautiful waterways continues to be an invitation waiting to be accepted.
For more information about the Tomorrow River Schools, visit the District Website at https://www.amherst.k12.wi.us/
PLEASE INCLUDE IN YOUR FRONTLINE APPLICATION:
- Cover letter (stating interest and unique qualifications for the position) – be sure to save the name of the District in the document title
- Full resume/vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Contact information of three additional references different than from the reference letters
Tentative Search Timeline:
Mid November 2022 – HYA to present slate of candidates to School Board
Nov-Dec 2022 – First round and final interviews with School Board
Dec-Jan – Hiring approval and announcement
Feb-June- transition support with current interim superintendent
July 1, 2023: Superintendent officially begins with the District
How to apply for this job?
- Register for an account on the HYA website. Or, login to the HYA website if you already have an account created. Click the Login/Register button at the top of the page to get started.
- After logging in, click the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
- You will be redirected to the Frontline Education website. This website is where you will submit your application. This website also will require its own unique login and password.