LENGTH OF CONTRACT:
Board of Education
Associate Superintendent for Teaching & Learning
Associate Superintendent for Human Resources
Associate Superintendent for Finance and Operations
Director of Administrative Services
Director of Community Engagement and Outreach
Exec. Assistant to the School Board and Superintendent
Exec. Administrative Assistant – Superintendent
The Superintendent is responsible for the educational, administrative, and fiscal direction and control of all district activities. As chief executive officer of the Board of Education, the Superintendent recommends policies and alternatives for Board consideration. The Superintendent communicates decisions and policies of the Board of Education to the staff and ensures implementation. The Superintendent serves as the chief spokesperson for the school district.
- Develops educational and fiscal policy recommendations and alternatives for consideration and action by the Board of Education.
- Consults with Board on policy action and change and communicates actions and policies to appropriate staff for implementation. Ensures compliance, implementation, and evaluation of Board policy.
- Studies and analyzes the district’s future needs and prepares intermediate and long-range plans to meet district goals.
- Ensures that educational programs are meeting stated goals and standards.
- Supervises preparation of agenda for Board of Education meetings and provides necessary information and recommendations for Board action.
- Operates district within approved budget. Reports status and exceptions to the Board for their review and/or approval.
- Advises and consults with the Board of Education on matters pertaining to contractual relationships with district employees.
- Represents the school district to the public. Participates and cooperates with governmental agencies, community organizations, and others to promote and support the district’s objectives.
- Provides for proper and adequate communication channels within the system to ensure an adequate two-way flow of information.
- Collaborates with district and building leadership to ensure equity is infused in practice and remains at the forefront of efforts to disrupt inequities.
- Provides leadership by encouraging the professional growth and involvement of the management team.
BOE: 7-16-98; Rev. 1-21-21