The Mosinee School District is seeking a superintendent beginning on July 1, 2024, with a base salary range expected to be $150,000 to $165,000 (based on experience); other benefits to be negotiated.
Mosinee is a city in central Wisconsin, in Marathon County, with a population of 4,500. It is a small town community located on the Wisconsin River, with access to Wausau, Stevens Point, and Marshfield. Mosinee is located 15 miles south of Wausau (population of 40,000). The Wausau metro area (Marathon County) has a population of approximately 135,000.
The Mosinee School 4K-12 school district consists of 248 square miles, and has a student enrollment of approximately 2,000 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. The District has about 300 employees, with an operational budget of $31.6 M. Education is provided in three buildings: Mosinee High School, Mosinee Middle School and Mosinee Elementary School. The District also partners with the Rural Virtual Academy.
The Mosinee School District prides itself in offering excellent educational and professional development opportunities. We cherish small town values and working together to thoughtfully plan for our future. The Mosinee School District is a strong, vast school community with school pride and a committed staff that shares a passion for teaching and learning. The District, in an active partnership with families and the community, prepares all students for academic achievement and lifetime success. The District has a wide grouping of students from the shores of Lake DuBay all the way North to the borders of the Nine Mile Recreation Area. Recent housing developments have recently attracted new families.
The Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA) is a regional non-hub airport located in Mosinee, WI roughly equidistant between Stevens Point and Wausau. The airport is owned by Marathon and Portage Counties and is governed by the Central Wisconsin Joint Airport Board. It is currently served by two airlines, Delta and American. Avelo Airlines recently announced they will begin service October 5, 2023 with direct flights to Orlando, FL.
The University of Wisconsin–Stevens Point (UW–Stevens Point or UWSP), located 20 miles from Mosinee is a public university in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. Established in 1894, it is part of the University of Wisconsin System. UW-Stevens Point grants associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees, as well as doctoral degrees in audiology, educational sustainability, and physical therapy. In 2018, UW-Stevens Point merged with UW-Stevens Point at Wausau and UW-Stevens Point at Marshfield. The 406-acre main campus includes the 280-acre Schmeeckle Reserve on the north side of the Campus. There are 15 academic buildings, and 13 Residence Halls. UW-Stevens Point is organized into four colleges with more than 120 undergraduate programs in 48 majors and 78 minors and 17 graduate programs.
The Mosinee School District leads all districts in Marathon County with earned dual credit courses at NTC. In addition, Mosinee students regularly test at or near the top of all county schools on the ACT. Mosinee is a destination district with something for every student from AP courses to dual credit courses, flight school, and school to work opportunities on top of a full range of sports, clubs and activities.
How to apply for this job?
- Register for an account on the HYA website. Or, login to the HYA website if you already have an account created. Click the Login/Register button at the top of the page to get started.
- After logging in, click the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
- You will be redirected to the Frontline Education website. This website is where you will submit your application. This website also will require its own unique login and password.
PLEASE INCLUDE IN YOUR FRONTLINE APPLICATION:
- Cover letter (stating interest and unique qualifications for the position) – be sure to save the name of the district in the document title
- Full resume/vitae
- Three current letters of recommendation
- Copy of Superintendent license (regardless of state) or evidence of eligibility for Superintendent license
- Contact information of three additional references different than the reference letters
Tentative Search Timeline – All Application Materials Due By: October 31, 2023
- Week of November 13, 2023 Board first round interviews
- Week of November 27, 2023 Finalists Day in the District
- Week of December 4, 2023 Board conducts final interviews
- Late December, 2023 Superintendent’s hiring approved/announced
- July 1, 2024 Superintendent contract formally begins