Washington Township is a leader for achievement in local government, education, and recreation. The Township with a population of 48,500 is the largest Gloucester County NJ municipality. The Township consists of 23.0 square miles and is served by six postal zip codes. The township is located approximately 19 miles southeast of Philadelphia and has an outstanding reputation as a great place to live.
Innovative and all-inclusive, the Washington Township School District has a proud tradition of excellence in education by routinely moving every child forward through a broad, standards-based curriculum designed to develop engaged and accomplished life-long learners. Administrators, teachers, counselors, parents, and community members join in guiding this forward progression by challenging and empowering some 7,400 students enrolled in our 11 schools. Through this support network, students are encouraged to flourish in a safe, engaging, and structured environment that affords countless opportunities for self-discovery, growth, and expression. This collaborative network plays an essential role in ensuring that students emerging from the Washington Township Public Schools graduate with both the skills and self-worth to succeed in a rapidly changing and ever-challenging world.
Extraordinary programming and overall excellence has brought proud distinction to the district over the last several years. Washington Township Public Schools pursue excellence through equity, engagement, and environment.
Recent points of pride include:
- The district was selected for funding from the federal “Math for All” grant, putting elementary teachers on a four-year professional development journey and giving them access to materials and grade-level content to further enhance math instruction.
- Elementary students benefit from the use of Amira Learning software as a part of a research grant provided through a partnership with Carnegie Mellon University, researchers from Teachers College of Columbia University and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
- The Washington Township Public Schools was awarded grant funding in the amount of $1,113,420 from the New Jersey Department of Education’s Division of Early Childhood Education (DECE). The Preschool Education Aid (PEA) was used to expand the district’s general education preschool population opportunities.
The Washington Township Board of Education seeks applicants who have demonstrated engaging, innovative, and transparent leadership skills at an executive level in an organization of comparable size, scope, complexity, and demographics. Upon completion of extensive stakeholder input the board is expected to approve and post the desired characteristics and specific requirements for the after November 14, 2022.
Minimally, applicants must possess or be immediately eligible for a New Jersey School Administrators certificate issued by the NJDOE. Applications will be received until December 12, 2022. Applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume with their application.
The position is posted at a salary in the range of $225,000 subject to actual experience, qualifications, and negotiations. The position start date is April 1, 2023 or soon thereafter as possible.
How to apply for this job?
- Register for an account on the HYA website. Or, login to the HYA website if you already have an account created. Click the Login/Register button at the top of the page to get started.
- After logging in, click the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
- You will be redirected to the Frontline Education website. This website is where you will submit your application. This website also will require its own unique login and password.