Just 40 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge, the city of Sonoma and the surrounding Sonoma Valley provide the “perfect blend” of a friendly, small-town, wine-country community that’s rich in history with the innovative, entrepreneurial culture of the San Francisco Bay Area. The district has long enjoyed an excellent reputation and is considered a premiere destination for educators, families, and community leaders.
The Sonoma Unified School District is comprised of approximately 3,000 students and nine school sites. These sites include 5 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, 1 comprehensive high school, and 1 continuation high school.
The Sonoma Unified School District is a basic aid district with a positive fiscal presence. The district has modernized its multipurpose rooms at the elementary schools and is enhancing its high school facilities.
The district has made mental health investments by opening wellness centers at the secondary level.
Consistent with state trends, the district is experiencing a decline in enrollment. As a result of the decline in enrollment, the district is faced with closing schools and consolidating schools for the upcoming school year.
Applicants will need to submit the following items via email with SVUSD SEARCH in the subject line to both HYA Associates Carolyn McKennan at (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Associate Will Ector at (email@example.com):
- A cover letter stating why they are seeking the job and what makes them the right fit with the school district;
- A full resume;
- The names, email addresses, and cell phones of three references.
How to apply for this job?
- Register for an account on the HYA website. Or, login to the HYA website if you already have an account created. Click the Login/Register button at the top of the page to get started.
- After logging in, click the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
- You will be redirected to the Frontline Education website. This website is where you will submit your application. This website also will require its own unique login and password.