Lori Ellis, Ed.D.
Dr. Lori Ellis holds a doctorate in educational leadership from Nova Southeastern University and has over 36 years of school, district, and state-level leadership experience with success as a transformational leader in urban schools. Dr. Ellis currently serves as an executive leadership transformational coach and consultant with a passion for unwavering commitment to creating safe spaces, utilizing protocols to have courageous conversations about equitable and diverse practices.
At the state level, Dr. Ellis specialized in executive leadership coaching and development, program implementation, governance, operations, grant initiatives, higher education admin 1 curriculum reviews, fiscal, and strategic planning. Prior to working at the state, Dr. Ellis performed as a national executive leadership coach with a non-profit organization facilitating webinars and training in principal development while coaching school leaders nationally. She has functioned as a leadership induction program coordinator for school level administrators and is the recipient of the Outstanding Educator and Outstanding Leader Technology Awards.
Dr. Ellis’ is a contributor to several Wallace Foundation mentoring professional learning community publications and currently continues her work as a consultant in equity-centered leadership with the organization. Dr. Ellis’ executive leadership coaching has spanned nationally in the urban, rural, and suburban communities. She is an experienced nationally certified mentor and coach with expertise in diversity, strengths, and behavior assessments. She is a member of the International Coaching Federation and The Schools Superintendents Association.
As a HYA Associate, Dr. Ellis is committed to using her expertise in executive level coaching to support school leaders and districts with transition and efforts to advance education equity for all students. Dr. Ellis coaching credentials to differentiate and support individuals and teams encompasses:
- Gallup Certified Strengths Coach
- TTI Success Insight: Certified DISC, 12 Drivers, Emotional Quotient Assessment Coach
- Coach Diversity Institute: Certified Professional Diversity Coach (Expected November 2022)
- International Coaching Federation: Professional Certified Coach (Expected November 2022)
- National Institute for School Leadership, Executive Development Program National Certified Facilitator and Coach
- NAESP Nationally Certified Principal Coach and Principal Mentor
- Center for Creative Leadership: Qualified Instrument Facilitator: SKILLSCOPE and KEYS Assessments
Coppin State University, BS Special Education minor in Early Childhood
Loyola University of Maryland, MS Curriculum, and Instruction
Nova Southeastern University, Ed.D. Educational Leadership