Charlotte County Public Schools (CCPS) operates all public K-12 schools in Charlotte County, Florida. It covers Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Englewood, Rotonda West, Babcock Ranch, and surrounding areas. It operates ten elementary schools, four middle schools, three high schools, and six specialty education centers. Charlotte County is located in southwestern Florida. As of the 2020 census, the population was 186,847. Student enrollment in Charlotte County Public Schools is 16,500 served by 2,250 faculty and staff. The annual budget is $517 million. This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned financial leader. Attached is more information about CCPS.
The District is seeking an Assistant Superintendent for Business Services that reports directly to the Superintendent. The Assistant Superintendent for Business Services develops and maintains an accounting and internal control system which provides for the accurate reporting of financial transactions and safeguards the financial assets of the school district. The Assistant Superintendent for Business Services implements an effective cash management and investment program and analyzes financial data to support the managerial decision-making process at the district level.
For more information, contact Lead Associate Henry Johnson: email@example.com
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- At least one of the following qualifications is required:
- Bachelor’s degree with a Certified Public Accountant Certificate, or
- Master’s degree in business administration
- Minimum of five years managerial experience in governmental finance
- An understanding of business operations and functions
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATION/
- Certified Public Accountant Certificate
*Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of all personnel within this position.
- Directs the activities of accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, and risk management.
- Manages the collection, safekeeping, investment, and disbursement of district funds.
- Coordinates the preparation of federal, state, and local financial reports.
- Establishes the official budgets for school operations, capital projects, debt servicing, and federal grants.
- Establishes and communicates budgeted allocations for staffing for all schools and departments.
- Acts as the district’s liaison with financial auditors.
- Makes recommendations as to the necessity and appropriateness of financial transactions.
- Supervises personnel in accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, and risk management.
- Provides assistance and guidance to school and district-level administrators pertaining to district financial matters (including internal accounts).
- Develops and maintains adequate internal control systems over the financial assets and financial record-keeping activities of the district.
- Provides financial data to the Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources and Employee Relationships in support of the employee negotiations process and the risk management function and participates in the collective bargaining process.
- Collaborates with the Information Technology Services department as appropriate.
- Attends school board meetings and prepares reports and presentations.
- Reports regularly to the Superintendent any developments or situations within the district requiring the Superintendent’s awareness.
- Performs other job-related functions as assigned.