East Brunswick N.J. School District seeks a dynamic, innovative, visionary school leader to serve as the East Brunswick High School Principal
The East Brunswick Township Public Schools is seeking a dynamic, innovative, visionary leader with extraordinary communication skills to serve as the principal of the 2,100 student East Brunswick High School effective July 1, 2024. East Brunswick High School is known for excellence and high standards which are reflected in its diverse and talented student population and staff.
The following general skills, experience, and attributes expected from applicants:
- Demonstrated passion for all students and their success.
- Administrative leadership experience at the high school building level.
- Successful innovative practices that allow for increased student achievement and social and emotional well-being.
- Experience with changing school culture and inclusive activities of diverse student populations.
- Ability to present an advocate for the construction of a new high school and/or significant renovations.
- Knowledge of social and emotional supports as well as academic needs of all students.
- Value arts education with a proven success in support of artistic experiences for students.
The following 12 traits are expected of applicants.
- Visionary leadership
- Ability to create and communicate a compelling vision for the school’s future.
- Willingness to embrace innovation and stay abreast of educational trends.
- Motivate and build team support for a shared vision for the future of EBHS.
- Strategic thinker
- Capacity to develop and implement long-term plans aligned with the district and the school’s goals.
- Skill in making data-informed decisions for continuous improvement.
- Collaborative Skills Approach
- Ability to build strong, positive relationships with teachers, staff, students, parents, and the community.
- Foster a collaborative inclusive school culture that values input from all stakeholders.
- Innovative and Creative
- Encourage a culture of innovation and creativity among staff and students.
- Support and implement cutting-edge teaching methods and technology in the classroom.
- Flexible to adapt to changing educational landscapes and evolving student needs.
- Openness to trying new approaches and learning from both successes and failures.
- High Expectations
- Set and communicate high academic and behavioral expectations for students and staff.
- Create a culture of excellence that motivates everyone to strive for their best.
- Effective Communicator
- Strong communication skills to convey the school’s mission, goals, and expectations clearly to all stakeholders.
- Listen actively to concerns and feedback from the school community.
- Student-Centered Focus
- Prioritize the well-being and academic success of students.
- Implement initiatives that support the development of well-rounded, socially responsible individuals.
- Instructional Leader
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support to teachers for professional development.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement among the teaching staff.
- Community Engagement
- Actively engage with the community to create partnerships with local organizations.
- Involve parents in the educational process and create a sense of community within the school.
- Ethical Leadership
- Model and promote ethical behavior and integrity.
- Uphold high standards of professionalism and accountability.
- Demonstrate resilience in the face of challenges and setbacks.
- Lead by example and maintaining a positive attitude and perseverance
Applicants must either possess or be immediately eligible for a New Jersey Administrative School Principals Certificate. Salary will be dependent on actual relevant experience, qualifications, and negotiations. The range of salary is between $158,000 and $177,000. A generous benefits package is offered similar to other comparable administrative-level employees. Current district employees may be eligible for higher compensation dependent upon applicable contracts and policies.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest based on the above traits, resume and complete the HYA Fronltine application.
The deadline for receipt of applications is February 23, 2024.
The search is being conducted for the East Brunswick Township Public Schools by HYA a national educational leadership search firm. For further information or to discuss the position further please reach out to HYA Vice President, Dr. Bill Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply for this job?
- Register for an account on the HYA website. Or, login to the HYA website if you already have an account created. Click the Login/Register button at the top of the page to get started.
- After logging in, click the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
- You will be redirected to the Frontline Education website. This website is where you will submit your application. This website also will require its own unique login and password.