Barrington Public Schools is searching for a dynamic, committed individual to serve as their next superintendent of schools. Barrington is recognized as one of the top school systems in Rhode Island, and all of the schools in its system consistently score at or near the top in categories measured by the Rhode Island Department of Education. There are four elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school with a total district population of 3,388 students.
Barrington is a suburban residential community with a population of 17,347 and is located about 10 miles southeast of the capital city, Providence. Barrington not only offers easy access to Providence but also to Boston and the Northeast, as well as the mid-Atlantic States. The community supports and values public education, and serves as a strong partner in supporting the learning and well-being of all students, each and every one.
Located on Narragansett Bay in a state that boasts 400 miles of coastline, the town has the distinction of having the largest share of this waterfront with rivers, coves, and estuaries that crisscross the landscape. In keeping with its bayside character, Barrington features beaches, public access points, and marinas that support an active fishing and boating community. The 14-mile East Bay Bike Path, which runs from Providence to Bristol, along with many public parks and playing fields offer additional recreational opportunities for town residents.
Find more information about Barrington here: https://www.barringtonschools.org
EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION
Rhode Island Superintendent of Schools Certification (or able to acquire the certificate)
Master’s Degree in Educational Administration, Instructional Leadership or related field.
Advanced study in Educational Administration, Policy, Instruction, or related field preferred.
Significant prior school system administrative experience, preferably as a district-level leader.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
A regionally competitive salary, base salary in the range of $265,000 based on experience and education, with an excellent benefits package. As well as consideration for a moving allowance and transition support.
- January 4 to January 26: Community Engagement and Leadership Profile Development
- January 28-31: Leadership Profile Presented to School Committee
- On or about February 1: National advertising begins (including desired characteristics based on community engagement)
- March 15: Application Deadline
- March 26 to April 5: First round interviews to be scheduled
- April 8 to April 15: Finalist interviews to be scheduled
- April 18 to April 30: Additional steps as necessary
- On or about May 1: Superintendent of Schools to be named
- July 1, 2024: Superintendent start date
How to apply for this job?
- Register for an account on the HYA website. Or, login to the HYA website if you already have an account created. Click the Login/Register button at the top of the page to get started.
- After logging in, click the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
- You will be redirected to the Frontline Education website. This website is where you will submit your application. This website also will require its own unique login and password.