The Monona Grove School District is seeking a superintendent beginning on July 1, 2024, with a base salary range expected to be $180,000 to $220,000 (based on qualifications and experience); other benefits to be negotiated.
The Monona Grove School District is a growing school district located just outside of Madison, in south central Wisconsin. The district serves students and families who reside in the communities of Monona and Cottage Grove, Wisconsin–charming communities that offer a variety of attractions and activities for all ages and interests such as superb local dining, shopping, festivals, and outdoor recreation.
Monona Grove is a school district of approximately 3,700 students in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade with an operating budget of approximately $55 million. There are seven schools in the district (four elementaries, a middle school, a high school and a public charter school serving students in grades 6-12). The Monona Grove School District employs over 500 staff members (the student to staff ratio is 13:1). Staff members in all operations are dedicated and committed to the care of the students, facilities, and community. The district takes pride in its highly qualified and knowledgeable staff members. Currently, more than half the teachers hold a Master’s Degree or Ph.D. Monona Grove students attend elementary schools in their community, then come together and attend middle school and high school as one community.
Monona Grove School District has a mission to be a safe, equitable, and inclusive learning community for everyone. Their vision is engaged learning where equity is prioritized. In the Monona Grove School District, equity means every student gets what they need in order to be successful. Whether it’s a higher level of challenge or extra support, each student gets what is needed, in the classroom with their peers. This work is embedded throughout the district, in every department, every school, every employee group. The Monona Grove School District has been working for several years to disrupt the systems in place that allow inequities to persist in schools, but there is always more work to do as the job of creating equity for all students is never complete. The Monona Grove School District commits to the disruption of societal and historical inequities and elimination of disparities and believes strongly in the value of diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice and works to maximize the educational outcomes for each and every student through the equity framework for its K-12 curriculum. Key competencies expected in the Monona Grove School District include being passionate about student learning; being an anti-bias, anti-racist educator; being a proactive communicator and relationship builder; being a reflective learner; and being a resilient, resourceful collaborator.
Other priorities and points of pride:
- Strategic planning: The Monona Grove School District is currently in year two of a five-year strategic plan.
- Continuous improvement: For over a decade, Monona Grove schools have been committed to evaluate, assess and improve through the components of the continuous improvement model.
- Sustainability: Since 2009, MGSD has been working to improve energy efficiency and sustainable practices. Monona Grove High School is currently the site of the largest solar roof array on a public K-12 building in Wisconsin; a ground mount solar array at Granite Ridge School is being planned.
- Fiscal responsibility and stewardship: In 2022, the Monona Grove School District passed a recurring operational referendum for $11.4 million.
The University of Wisconsin–Madison is located 5 miles from Monona and 10 miles from Cottage Grove. UW-Madison is a public land-grant research university and serves as the official state university of Wisconsin and the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin System, while also earning recognition as a “Public Ivy”. The 933-acre main campus, located on the shores of Lake Mendota, includes four National Historic Landmarks. Its academic programs include 136 undergraduate majors, 148 master’s degree programs, and 120 doctoral programs. A major contributor to Wisconsin’s economy, the university is the largest employer in the state, with over 24,232 faculty and staff.
Visit the Monona Grove School District website for more information: Home – Monona Grove School District
PLEASE INCLUDE IN YOUR FRONTLINE APPLICATION:
- Cover letter (stating interest and unique qualifications for the position) – be sure to save the name of the district in the document title
- Full resume/vitae
- Three current letters of recommendation
- Copy of Superintendent license (regardless of state) or evidence of eligibility for Superintendent license
- Contact information of three additional references different than the reference letters
Tentative Search Timeline – All Application Materials Due By: March 8,2024
Wed. March 13, 2024 HYA to present the Leadership Profile Report to the Board
Wed. March 13,2024 HYA to present the slate of candidates to the Board
Sat. March 16, 2024 Board first round interviews
Thur. March 21, 2024 Finalists Day in the District
Wed. April 3, 2024 Board conducts final interviews
By mid-April , 2024 Superintendent’s hiring approved/announced
July 1, 2024 Superintendent contract formally begins
For questions regarding the Monona Grove School District Superintendent search contact:
Mike Richie, Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates Email: email@example.com
How to apply for this job?
- Register for an account on the HYA website. Or, login to the HYA website if you already have an account created. Click the Login/Register button at the top of the page to get started.
- After logging in, click the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
- You will be redirected to the Frontline Education website. This website is where you will submit your application. This website also will require its own unique login and password.