Neenah Joint School District, Neenah, WI
The Neenah Joint School District is seeking a superintendent beginning on July 1, 2024, with a base salary range expected to be $190,000-$220,000 (based on experience); other benefits to be negotiated. The Neenah Joint School District is proudly positioned in the heart of the Fox Valley. Serving over 6,700 students, Neenah continues to be a frontrunner in many areas including academics, athletics and the arts. The District is committed to a focus on educational excellence for its students, professional staff and entire community. The Neenah Joint School District consists of approximately 60 square miles. The District has approximately 750 employees, and a general fund budget of $145.5 million. Education is provided in 14 buildings.
In 2020, the District created a capital plan totaling just over $180 million including a passed $114.9 million referendum for facilities and security improvements across the District. The District broke ground in the spring of 2021 and in 2023, opened a new state-of-the-art high school on the west side of the District. The current high school became the Neenah Middle School housing approximately 2,000 students for grades 5-8. Elementary schools host grades K-4 with one 4K school and early learning center. The District also has a Montessori charter school housing grades 4K-6.
The Neenah Joint School District has one of the lowest mill (tax) rates in the Fox Valley area at $6.20 per $1,000 of property value in 2023. This includes the amount from the 2020 referendum. Prior to passing its 2020 referendum, the District had zero long-term debt. It is one of the only Wisconsin school districts with a fully-funded post-retirement benefit for all staff and has offered CPI salary increases to all staff every year for the past decade. NJSD has held a steady enrollment of about 500 students per class for nearly 30 years.
The Neenah Joint School District is comprised of five municipalities including the City of Neenah, the Town of Clayton, the Town of Neenah, the Town of Vinland and the Village of Fox Crossing comprising a total population of approximately 55,000. Neenah, Wisconsin is a beautiful city located on the shores of Lake Winnebago and the most historic of the municipalities. Now home to just over 28,000 people, Neenah was settled in 1835 as a mission for the Menominee Indian tribe because of the river’s ability to generate power. Soon, a number of lumber milling operations set up shop, and by 1872, the paper industry joined in and Kimberly-Clark, still an active business in the Neenah community, was formed.
The Neenah Joint School District continues to serve as host to a number of historical landmarks, thriving businesses and families looking for a welcoming place to settle down. The school system is second-to-none in the area, earning a “Gold Medal” rating in Expansion Management Magazine’s Education Quotient review (based on high graduation rates, college board scores that are consistently higher than state and national averages, low teacher/student ratios, continued commitment to funding public education, and strong economic and educational demographic rankings).
The Fox Valley metro area’s business climate has earned it the ranking of third best market for business development among all small metropolitan areas in the nation. Along with outstanding public services, residents here enjoy a healthy and diverse economy, high quality medical care, excellent schools, churches and beautiful parks, various shopping options, and bountiful recreational, cultural and community activities.
For more information about the City of Neenah, visit the City of Neenah website. Check out the community pages of this site (which will give you a better idea of how the school district and community work together to prepare the District’s children for what lies ahead) or just take a walk around and check out the beauty that surrounds the community.
The Neenah Joint School District remains, above all, committed to learning, growing and finding better ways to provide the finest foundational life experience for the District’s children. Neenah is a very special place to be!
- Education is a shared responsibility which involves teachers, students, parents, and community.
- Children have an innate drive to learn and explore, that is enhanced when their interests guide their learning.
- The opportunity to learn and participate in music and the fine arts increases academic achievement.
- Student engagement in athletics and co-curricular activities expands and enhances learning outside of the classroom.
- Embracing various cultures increases curiosity and leads to a greater understanding of global issues.
- Children learn best in environments that facilitate different rates and styles of learning, active investigation, and problem-solving, and critical thinking.
- Supporting teachers’ well-being and continuous growth as educators is critical to the ongoing success of our school.
- Supporting parents in their primary role as teachers to their children helps ensure academic success.
- Learning is enhanced when students communicate, demonstrate, and apply their knowledge in a variety of realistic, creative, and constructive ways.
- Being a champion and role model for others exemplifies our way of being and creates a better community for all.
Link to NJSD Plan for Success: Neenah Joint School District Plan for Success
Visit the NJSD Website for more information: Neenah Joint School District | A Passion for Excellence | Neenah, WI 54956
- Advanced degree (doctoral degree, preferred) plus administrative certification (eligibility) required
- Central Office and/or building administrative experience preferred
- Previous superintendent experience preferred
- K-12 classroom teaching experience preferred
- Eligible for WI Superintendent License
PLEASE INCLUDE IN YOUR FRONTLINE APPLICATION:
- Cover letter (stating interest and unique qualifications for the position) – be sure to save the name of the district in the document title
- Full resume/vitae
- Three current letters of recommendation
- Copy of Superintendent license (regardless of state) or evidence of eligibility for Superintendent license
- Contact information of three additional references different than the reference letters
Search Timeline – All Application Materials Due By: March 1, 2024
March 4, 2024
March 11-12, 2024
Week of March 18- 2024
March 27, 2024
By April 15, 2024
July 1, 2024
|Slate of candidates presented to the Board
Board first-round interviews
Finalists Day in the District
Board conducts final interviews
Superintendent’s hiring approved and announced
Superintendent contract formally begins
For any questions regarding the Neenah Joint School District Superintendent search contact either HYA associate, do not contact NJSD School Board members:
How to apply for this job?
- Register for an account on the HYA website. Or, login to the HYA website if you already have an account created. Click the Login/Register button at the top of the page to get started.
- After logging in, click the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
- You will be redirected to the Frontline Education website. This website is where you will submit your application. This website also will require its own unique login and password.