The Ramapo Indian Hills Regional High School District consist of two high-performing public high schools that serve approximately 1900 students from the communities of Franklin Lakes, Oakland and Wyckoff in Bergen County New Jersey.
Challenging Educational Programs
- Over 200 courses spanning various academic levels and content areas (Program of Studies)
- Over 20 Advanced Placement courses
- Over 15 dual enrollment courses offered through partnerships with four colleges / universities
- Specialized four-year University Programs offered in the following areas:
- Engineering and Design
- International Studies and Business
- Science, Medicine, and Research
- A Pathways Program that provides students with an opportunity to be recognized for an extensive study in a particular area of focus.
Technology: Technological resources to support teaching and learning in the 21st Century, including:
- A 1:1 MacBook Air laptop program for students and staff
- Equitable access to required hardware, software, digital tools, and resources to support a comprehensive and rigorous curriculum
- Up-to-date wireless and wired network infrastructure
- Cloud-based services and resources to support instruction and district operations
- 3D printers and respective technologies available to faculty and students
- Interactive whiteboards, projection devices, iPads, drawing tablets, and digital cameras
High Achieving Students:
- Continued education for over 93% of graduates
- The District historically has National Merit Commended students, Certificate of Merit students, and National Merit Scholarship recipients
- AP students have been recognized as AP Scholars, AP Scholars with Honors, AP Scholars with Distinction, and National Scholars
- Other academic awards include Bausch & Lomb Honorary Science Award, Rensselaer Science Award Medal, Governor’s School in the Sciences and Engineering, NJ Bergen County Mock Trial, Euro-Challenge Competition, WISE, NJ Regional Science Fair, and NJ National Financial Literacy Test Gold Star School.
- RIH has repeated high performing Academic Decathlon and DECA competition results at various levels
- National, state, and county honors for recent academic and athletic teams, music groups, and student publications
Outstanding Enrichment and Athletic Opportunities
The District has a wide range of sports activities for students to participate in between the two high schools, each of which encourages and enables students to participate at their highest level. A variety of individual and team sports are offered during each of the three seasons. The District has had a number of Conference and State championships, distinguished coaches recognized at the county and state levels, and all-state, all-county, and all-league student athletes.
Experienced and Qualified Staff
- Award-winning faculty; most with advanced degrees
- Comprehensive staff development program with regular time for curriculum development, technology training, and enhancement of teaching skills
- Professional development opportunities and training for Advanced Placement courses, dual enrollment programs, and specialized programs in the District
- Collaborative projects with K-8 sending districts
Among the colleges and universities accepting Ramapo and Indian Hills graduates in recent years are such highly rated schools as Boston College, Brown, Carnegie Melon, Colgate, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Duke, Emory, Georgetown, Harvard, James Madison, Johns Hopkins, Lafayette, Lehigh, Middlebury, New York University, Northwestern University, University of Pennsylvania, Tufts, University of Virginia and Yale.
The Board of Education is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of superintendent of schools to commence on or around July 1, 2024. This initial announcement will be supplemented by a Leadership Profile that will consist of desired characteristics, required qualifications and experience. The Desired Characteristics are being developed by the Board for posting on or about February 14, 2024.
Minimally, applicants must have multiple-year, successful, executive-level, educational leadership experience in a district of comparable size and scope. Experience in communities with similar educational values and expectations is highly desirable. Candidates must possess a New Jersey School Administrator Certificate or be immediately eligible to obtain the same.
The application deadline is March 15, 2024. Applicants should submit a letter of interest based on the Desired Characteristics, a resume and complete the Frontline application at https://hyasearch.com/job/