Tahoma School District seeks a Superintendent to provide dynamic leadership for our students, staff, families, and community. The Tahoma School District empowers, educates, and encourages each student to develop skills that will showcase their highest successes with an interest in being a lifelong learner. The Superintendent position presents an exciting opportunity to take on a leadership role that will ensure a stable district-wide culture where students are valued, families feel supported and our community is involved. The Tahoma School District encourages candidates who have successfully managed district operations effectively while building unity and trust among all stakeholders with full transparency to apply for this honorable position.
- Master’s Degree
- Is a consensus builder, a clear communicator who listens effectively, has experience forging relationships with community and business while working towards common goals, and is experienced in working with a Board of Directors
- A demonstrated history of responsive and transparent customer service as a leader
- Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Aware of recent state legislation for public schools and corresponding local impacts
- Exceptional leadership and management skills
- Possesses a thorough understanding of finance and budget processes
- Dedicated to keeping students first, understands his/her primary responsibility is providing a quality education for all students, and is someone who will listen to and involve the students
- Successful experience as a Superintendent
- Current State Superintendent Certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Prior successful experience as a school administrator
- District experience with operations, financial services, transportation, food services, and facilities with the ability to maximize resources
|Cover Letter||Application Deadline: January 12, 2024|
|Resume||Application Link: hyasearch.com|
|Completed Application Form||Announcement of Appointment: Late February|
|Letters of Recommendation from a Minimum of Three References||Superintendent Begins: July 1, 2024|
Strengths and Opportunities
Pending: The Tahoma School Board has selected the search firm Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates (HYA) to gather input from students, staff, parents, and community members regarding strengths and challenges facing the district as well as the most important leadership qualities and characteristics participants believe the school board should consider in selecting the next superintendent. This input will be used to develop a Leadership Profile Report that will be shared with the public and prospective candidates in late November. The report will also be used by the Board Directors in making screening and selection decisions.
The Tahoma School District Board of Directors will negotiate a compensation and benefit package that is regionally competitive based on education and experience.
CONFIDENTIAL INQUIRIES PLEASE CONTACT HYA SEARCH TEAM
|Dr. Kristine McDuffy|
HYA Lead Associate
|Mr. John Dekker|