March 18, 2024
New York University
9th Floor, Rm 914
COMMITTED TO OUR COLLECTIVE CAPACITY BUILDING
Join us for a day of co-learning, discussions, presentations, and exposure to new ideas with global educational leaders, focused on creating learning environments for our students that are spaces of creativity, innovation, and love
Dr. Eddie Fergus
Author, Professor, Disproportionality Expert
Dr. Tonya Leslie
Author, Professor, Literacy Expert
Leaders of Implementation (Assistant Principals, Directors, Assistant Superintendents):
- Understand and contextually apply principles of differential learning in education.
- Plan and implement innovative and technology forward continuous improvement and inquiry cycles towards impacting school and district goals.
- Leave with a clear plan of next steps for your learning community.
- Collaborative Policy Making
- Contextual Continuous Improvement
- Strategic Capacity Building for Implementation
- Creative Freedom for Thinking and Planning
NYU Kimmel Center, RM 914
60 Washington Square S, New York, NY 10012
Event State and End
Arrival, Breakfast, & Connection
Welcome and Framing
Reflections and Closing
A Note From the Organizers
The pandemic has exacerbated the significant educational challenges School leaders confront today, such as enhancing teacher retention and effectiveness, improving student learning, and ensuring every student is prepared for college and career despite dwindling resources. To effectively navigate these uncertainties, we must embrace new leadership realities characterized by critical reflection, collaboration and collective problem solving.
Join us at NYU’s National Convening for Educational Leaders for an exclusive leadership experience, where educational leaders can develop high-leverage strategies, foster conditions for effective leadership, and meet the evolving demands required of schools. This gathering offers a unique opportunity to learn and share best practices, synthesize research, and positively impact our approaches to addressing disparities across schools and systems.
Outcomes for the Convening as a result of our time together include:
- Leaders will establish a collegial learning space to engage in reflective, honest, and courageous dialogue about their leadership effectiveness.
- School leaders will examine and challenge beliefs, values, assumptions that perpetuate the structure of job routines, responsibilities, actions that challenge collaboration, distributive and adaptive leadership approaches.
- School leaders will explore leadership tools to assist them in developing critical reflection, their voices and necessary self-advocacy that is informed by clear vision, plans and associated strategies for taking initiative in schools and feel empowered to see themselves as change agents for improved student outcomes.
- Leaders will use a collaborative structure to examine issues related to personal leadership practices and set goals to guide implementation, progress monitoring, and advance student outcomes.
Dr. Ruby & Dr. Kris